The Cycle of Hiddenness Coming to Completion
Earlier this week I was praying about the transitional phase many of us have been in where we know that the wilderness is over and it is time to take a step of faith into greater things. I kept hearing Holy Spirit say, “As in the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man” (Matthew 24:37). This, of course, took me to Genesis 6 and 7 where God called out Noah and gave him the instructions to build the ark.
I began to see that these chapters held a prophetic parallel of what the Lord has been doing with his remnant of burning reformers. Our process has mirrored the process of Noah.
- God has chosen you to lead in the midst of a wicked generation because you found favor in his eyes (Genesis 6:8) and stood in righteousness (6:9).
- You have been given a specific instruction, blueprint, and a vision of your mandate. Noah was given the instruction on how to build the ark (6:14-22).
- Now you have been toiling towards that vision for a season of many years. Noah worked 100 years on the ark (7:6).
- After the toiling, you have been shut away in an extreme hidden place. When the ark was finished, God told Noah to go into the ark for 7 days, and afterwards the rain would come (7:1). You were found righteous BEFORE the process of toiling and AFTER it. During the trials of opposition, you stood your ground and did not waver in faith. This is the place where many are finding themselves right now.
- After the cycle of hiddenness ended, God fulfilled his word (7:11).
When I read 7:1, Holy Spirit said, “The cycle of being hidden is coming to completion.” 7 is the number that represents perfection or completion in scripture. For about an entire year, we have been in the cycle of extreme hiddenness. I’ve called this place Gilgal where we have crossed the Jordan, but have been in a place of rest, recouping, and having the reproach of Egypt taken off of us (Joshua 6) before we step into the land that God has given for our inheritance (Joshua 7).
After the 7 days were up, the rains and the flood came. This is God fulfilling his word at the end of the hidden cycle! This is exactly where we are right now. The end of one era and into the next!
Many of you have been feeling Holy Spirit stir in you the last couple of months. You have been feeling the fires of transition and have been wondering why. The answer is because our hidden cycle is complete. The Lord is going to now be giving you instruction that will require faith to step out. Doors and gates are flung wide open for you to enter in.
It’s time to ready yourself for the fulfilling of God’s word that is coming in like a flood.